PREPARING YOUTH FOR TIME AND ETERNITY
Faith Christian School has a passion to train each student to the height of his academic ability and to encourage him to develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ to the point where the heart is completely yielded to His control.
The goal of the educational program is to cause the student to analyze all situations with regard to God’s Word and to act in accordance with scriptural principles. FCS desires to see each young person live a full and fruitful life to the glory of God. The Christian view of life and education, as clearly outlined in the Bible, has God and Christ at its head and core. The Bible informs us that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. (Proverbs 1:7)
Basic academic subjects are emphasized and the curriculum is designed to lead to a mastery of essential skills and abilities. Many opportunities are given for a developed appreciation in all realms of learning: Bible, English, Math, Foreign Language, Science, History, Physical Education, and several electives. Faith Christian School differs from public schools and secular private schools as a Biblical philosophy of education is embraced in every classroom. The faculty is composed of dedicated, trained teachers who feel that teaching in a Christian school is their calling in life. Each staff member views the school as a personal ministry.
OUR CORE VALUES
1. The Bible: We believe in the verbal plenary Word of God; that the sixty-six books in our Bible were divinely given wholly without error in their origin and that we have today a faithful copy which is the absolute authority for our faith and practice (II Tim. 3:16)
2. God: We believe that there is one true God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. Lord Jesus Christ: We believe in the deity and pre-existence of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present intercessory ministry and His personal return in power and glory.
4. The Holy Spirit: We believe in His personality, pre-existence, and deity; and His work in each believer, regenerating and indwelling that person’s life to make possible a life of obedient service and trust in the will of God.
5. Man: We believe in his direct creation in the image of God, his subsequent fall into sin resulting in spiritual death, and the necessity of salvation so that he can be alive spiritually (II Cor. 5:17)
6. Salvation: We believe in a complete and eternal salvation by God’s grace alone received as the gift of God through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His finished work on the cross.
7. The Church: We believe in the one true church, the body and bride of Christ composed of all born-again believers of the present age, and the organization of its members in local churches for worship, for the observation of the ordinances, for edification of the believers, and for the world wide propagation of the gospel.
8. Christian Life: The Christian life is a life of righteousness, good works, and separation unto God from the evil ways of the world with guidance from the Bible and strength from the Holy Spirit, resulting in the fruit of the Spirit. The goals are to mature personally, to build up other Christians in the faith, and to lead unbelievers to Christ.
9. Satan: We believe in his existence, and personality as the great adversary of God and His people, his judgment by God, and final doom.
10. Second Coming: We believe in the imminent, personal, and visible return of Christ in power and glory.
11. Future Life: We believe in the conscious existence of the dead, the resurrection of the body, the judgment and reward of believers, the judgment and condemnation of unbelievers, the eternal life of the saved, and eternal punishment of the lost.
12. Marriage & Sexuality: We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Gen 1:26-27). Rejection of one's biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person. We believe marriage is sanctioned by God to join one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union (Genesis 2:18-25). We believe God intend sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (I Corinthians 6:18; 7:2-5; Hebrews 13:4). We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual, or bisexuals behavior) is sinful and offensive to God (Matthew 15:18-20; I Corinthians 6:9-10).
Faith Christian School is a member of the Wisconsin Association of Christian Schools (WACS) and the American Association of Christian Schools (AACS). The membership dues are based on enrollment and are paid with a portion of the registration fee. Benefits include teacher convention, athletic tournaments, and fine arts competitions. These organizations also provide valuable information and alerts regarding state and federal legislation that could impact our school.
Faith Christian School is fully accredited though the Wisconsin Association of Christian Schools (WACS). WACS is an approved accrediting entity by the Wisconsin Department of Instruction (DPI). In order to participate in the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program (WPCP), private schools must meet accreditation requirements. Accreditation is a process of review and appraisal that schools undertake to validate their quality of education, verify that they are striving for excellence, and ensure that they are managed with a high standard of governance and leadership. To achieve this accreditation, FCS engages in continuous school improvement, and extensive external review visit every five years from representatives from the accrediting agency.
Faith Christian School was founded in 1975. It offers a full range of training from preschool through high school. The school is a ministry of First Baptist Church and Section Eight Baptist Church who realize the importance of having an academic program centered around the Word of God.
Pastor Kevin Holland - Section Eight Baptist Church